Sophia and I are counting down the days, and the one month mark has come and gone. Our official departure date is January 28, 2008. The days, months have flown by this fall.
Last week we went to Fletcher Allen in Burlington to get our shots and malaria pills. Lucky for us, our shots are still good from last year, so all we needed to get was 140 malaria pills...Visiting the doctor definetly put the trip into reality.
We are still working on our fundraising efforts, and they are coming along, slowly but surely. Our wreath sale was successful, and we raised about $700 for ourselves! Thank you to everyone who bought a wreath!
Money has been coming in from the Mad River Valley Rotary which we are very grateful for as well.
We are also still selling the Rwanda Calendars which Sophia and I will be splitting the profits with the Scholarship Fund for students traveling on the 3 week trip in April. Email rwandaeducationalpartnership@gmail.com if you would like more information!
As we continue to count down the days we move from excitement to nervousness, and appreciate the support from everyone around us!
Well, that's all I have for our first blog post! Sophia and I will continue to update and answer any questions!
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment